Blog Search!

Lewis Carroll

"To me it seems that to give happiness is a far nobler goal that to attain it: and that what we exist for is much more a matter of relations to others than a matter of individual progress: much more a matter of helping others to heaven than of getting there ourselves."

Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Church

Finally, we conclude the Church State and Self series.

You are your self, what rules you is state (you decide), and church is your generosity.

The aspect of church is reaching out in life. It's living freely. You don't just decide how your life is going to be, the aspect of church is how you live it out.

I am not referring to any religion, or any philosophy other than my own.
The aspect of church in my life is the people around me.
They are my life.

My church is maintaining this organism called earth, not by tradition or belief, but by what I know to be true and that which is good;
everything but death

I will fulfill the aspect of self when I fulfill the aspect of church.
I've turned away from the bureaucracies of state, by they are still important.

I hope you all know what to make of this life.
And that hope is part of my church also.

My church is the Philosopher King.

"Good day to be alive sir,
good day to be alive"

5 comments:

Katrien Scarlet said...

Ok, things make a bit more sense to me now... I still have to watch that movie you told me to. It may take me a while since I have school, dentist appointments, and whatever else to worry about. I was going to write more here, but I forgot what I was writing O.o

love stRuckk said...

I liked the line Good day to be alive sir
good day to be alive
and ya when I heard thhatsong I was thinking about just how many brotheres actually had to go through that and how many parents , wifes,childern Im in a similar boat my boyfriend wants to join the army he doesnt talk about it around me because he knows It scares me , just the thought of it if something were to happen I dont know what I'd do

"The aspect of church is reaching out in life. It's living freely. You don't just decide how your life is going to be, the aspect of church is how you live it out. "
Brilliant line :)

A Cuban In London said...

That was a very humane post. Like you I carry no religion upon my shoulders, but believe in the human next to me for good or for bad. Many thanks.

Greetings from London.

Anonymous said...

I wrote down four definitions (my own) which is from my spiritual world view.

1). Religion: Expressing my beliefs in an active way, such as...helping others, giving to those who are in need, or caring for the sick.

2). Church: The group of people who I choose to congregate with and interact with in order to strenghten, express and encourage our common faith.

3). Faith: My individual belief system. My faith is ...I trust that God loves me because "God is Love"...he expressed that love in a very specific way...by sending his son to die on a cross as a propitiation for my sins.

4). God: Some may use the term "A Higher Power". My definition would be..."The One Who Loves Me And Wants My Best."

Twisting by said...

"You don't just decide how your life is going to be, the aspect of church is how you live it out. "

sweet i like this.
this is what church and religion is to me. its how you do it. and how you do it is who you are. and who you are is everything around you to you yourself

Good Blogs

Snow Friends

Snow Friends

didn't know it was that easy