Blog Search!

Lewis Carroll

"To me it seems that to give happiness is a far nobler goal that to attain it: and that what we exist for is much more a matter of relations to others than a matter of individual progress: much more a matter of helping others to heaven than of getting there ourselves."

Saturday, December 06, 2008

The Radicalism of the Gold Promise

Gold Promise

If you're not familiar with the Gold Promise...click the link above.
So here we are talking about something somewhat philosphical again...it's unavoidable... what else am I supposed to talk about?

James' request will come soon.

So today I'm gonna talk about the Radicalism of the Gold Promise.

 Now radicalism causes bigotry.
Radicalism causes 9/11
 Radicalism causes death.

So what makes Radicalism to the Gold Promise so great?
So needed?

It's the Gold Promise itself!
Truly, think about it, if we were Radicalists for the Sake of Humanity..!!!
(I like that! Radicalists for the Sake of Humanity!)
We wouldn't blow up buildings.
We wouldn't take lives for a greater good.
We wouldn't become bigots.

If we had our change of outlook on this life.

We would be like Gandhi who used peace as a replacement to war.
We would be like Mr. King and Mr. Lincoln who fought against racism through words and ideas.
)They were all assassinated)

We could change this world.
We could save ourselves.
And more importantly the ones around us.

We would have a movement

And maybe we could finally become great...
If we were Radicalists...
Radicalists ...

For The Sake Of Humanity


So anyways...I've been saying these things...prompting you to live for humanity
but do you really know how?
I don't even truly know how...

This means I'll have to develop some guidelines...
Those will be coming soon...we'll see what comes in the future.
Maybe a separate blog...maybe a joint authored blog. Idk

5 comments:

Sachan said...

The Gold Promise is a beautiful thing.
But I have to admit, radicalism is too strong of a word for me...
Ti be truthful, I had nothing to comment when I first read this post. Then I read it again and again. The feeling I'm having now I can't put into words.
But I'll just let you kow that I'll always read your posts because you always have something important to say. It may either be hidden or obvious.
ROCK ON!

ChipotleChick said...

I don't think the Gold Promise is Radical. I think it's an its an inevitable truth that we all must fulfill if we wish to make this world what we know it can be.

Humanity. Well, we are humanity. I always thought the acception of flaws was a part of humanity, as was empathy and nobleness. I think humanity is meant to have flaws, that those flaws leave us reason to improve, reason to persevere, balance to our world. Idk. I have to wrap up my comment before my parents come in and realize i'm not doing my homework like i should. That would be bad. NOt that i'm not doing my homework. I'm just taking a beak. Ya that's it. A break. Hehe. uhh. Bye!!

pussybitch said...

First off, and being the cynic I am, let me begin by disparaging your blog once again: Please try to stop putting parenthetical thoughts in your blog (like this) because it breaks the flow of your writing. As immersed as I was becoming in your recent post, it was shattered when you decided to include an elementary history lesson ")they were assassinated)" in your post. First off, I am pretty cock-sure everyone already knows that little factoid and second, your ideas flow much more efficiently when you do not break them up with parenthetical annotations.
Second, I like this post, partly attributed to the fact that it is not titled "For the Sake of Humanity." I also like how your posts are not in the vain of journalistic/essay forms of writing as mine are; your writing and the way you organize them is more poetic.
Do not think I am disparaging your blog simply for the sake of being a dick. I only do so to offer constructive criticism as I wish people would offer me the same.
Also, is the Golden Promise your creation or a philosophical principle?

pussybitch said...

Oh, also, in my post you commented on, that post was actually one of my more simple posts. It was actually about these landscapes that people deem rigid and ugly actually being just as fulfilling as these lush landscapes everybody prefers. It wasn't a metaphorical commentary about obstacles in peoples lives.

Lisa said...

John Lennon has a message for you:

You say you want a revolution
Well, you know
We all want to change the world
You tell me that it's evolution
Well, you know
We all want to change the world
But when you talk about destruction
Don't you know that you can count me out?

Don't you know it's gonna be
Alright?
Alright?
Alright?

You say you've got a real solution
Well, you know
We'd all love to see the plan
You ask me for a contribution
Well, you know
We are doing what we can
But if you want money for people with minds that hate
All I can tell is, brother, you'll have to wait

Don't you know it's gonna be
Alright?
Alright?
Alright?

You say you'll change the constitution
Well, you know
We all want to change your head
You tell me it's the institution
Well, you know
You'd better free your mind instead
But if you go carrying pictures of Chairman Mao
You ain't gonna make it with anyone anyhow

Don't you know it's gonna be
Alright?
Alright?
Alright?
Alright?
Alright?
Alright?

Agree or Disagree?

Good Blogs

Snow Friends

Snow Friends

didn't know it was that easy