Blog Search!

Lewis Carroll

"To me it seems that to give happiness is a far nobler goal that to attain it: and that what we exist for is much more a matter of relations to others than a matter of individual progress: much more a matter of helping others to heaven than of getting there ourselves."

Sunday, December 21, 2008

James

Your first comment of "Existence" is pretty relevant to what I'll be talking about soon.

To answer your two questions;

My philosophy on being the best you can be:
Well, the diverstiy of humanity would sort of give me a neutrality towards something as this.
Being the best you can be is more directed towards yourself and what you live for.
As for me; I see myself being the best I can be by following the Gold Promise.
What makes you the best at who you are is different though.
I will be talking about the Gold Promise a little bit more and maybe it'll be relevant to this question.

My philosophy on humanity as the supreme race:
This one's a little more foggy...
But I don't believe that anyone's damned until their end comes.
Humanity still has a chance to prosper.
Our intelligence can end up damning us or benefitting us.
Which one will you advocate?
What will we advocate as a whole?
I do believe though that we are above the other living creatures.
We're not on an equal level with bears per se.
If you mean ethnical race then I believe we're all human and I wouldn't classify, once again, as anyone one of us being better than the other.

Anyways, three posts ago I unawaredly broke the FOR THE SAKE OF HUMANITY chain. Shame on me...I guess it'll be used less now...maybe that's a good thing. Maybe not?

1 comment:

Mac said...

alright, the FOR THE SAKE OF HUMANITY THING, it does get really really old. I mean, its cool and all but use it less, and well, there are so many things to say to your responses where to begin. I look forward to u elaborating on your golden promise, but how can a simple promise make you a better person? In all honesty, the keeping of the promise in my eyes make you a better person not the promise that you made, in the long run. Can we truly consider ourselves the supreme race, when we rape people, murder others, mug for money, and can draw out things so incredibly horrible that the animal kingdom does not experience?

Good Blogs

Snow Friends

Snow Friends

didn't know it was that easy