Blog Search!

Lewis Carroll

"To me it seems that to give happiness is a far nobler goal that to attain it: and that what we exist for is much more a matter of relations to others than a matter of individual progress: much more a matter of helping others to heaven than of getting there ourselves."

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Gold Promise

It is all of humanity's shortcomings and successions that have caused this world today.
Every problem can be solved if we weren't the sinners we are.
Evil isn't some story to be told, good not a super hero.
Both exist, more clearly than the heavens.
And if we'd just pick a side already...
if we just got in the game, stopped being the referree for once...
[something unattainable]
Things would change.

We don't know the wars we're fighting..
Some don't see a war at all.
They include all of us
And for I...
I've chosen my side.
With the Gold Promise I've dedicated myself to it.
To never leave or betray it.

So that in the broad scope of things; hope can be given.
Hope can be found.
and hope can be hoped for,

For the Sake of Humanity.

5 comments:

Twisting by said...

this is really good. i fully agree, and even when i don't i still love reading your thoughts.
hahaha funny comic...its so true! so we more give thanks for our families and food and stuff like that instead of celebrating achievements lol
our biggest achievement is probably our beer and BC bud lol. definately things to be proud of?

mariposa said...

I love how your poems always say "For the Sake of Humanity" at the end. Btw, I totally agree with what you said in your comment about changing the world. What career are you thinking about following? I'm not sure myself - I've been thinking lawyer, but I'm not sure if that's the best way to do what I want to.

Jaerixon said...

What is the Gold Promise? I noticed you had written it with capital letters. Maybe I just missed something.

Jaerixon said...

I like it, and I too will hold your oath for my life.

Jaerixon said...

I only wish it were so easy, to just say some words and have them be, but alas, it must be earned. There are times when I lose my drive. I seem to have a mood that I get in, and when I'm in that mood I tend to be a better thinker. I've linked that mood to being a response of challenge. Lately, however, I haven't met much challenge. My teachers have all heard my arguments and respect me much more now. I've agreed to stop debating with my girlfriend because it keeps putting the both of us in bad moods. My grades are better than ever. I have no challenge. I fear that I have hit a block in the road. I can't think of any new ideas, all I can do is spit the same things out over and over again, just in different ways. Hopefully, this will not last too long.

Good Blogs

Snow Friends

Snow Friends

didn't know it was that easy