Blog Search!

Lewis Carroll

"To me it seems that to give happiness is a far nobler goal that to attain it: and that what we exist for is much more a matter of relations to others than a matter of individual progress: much more a matter of helping others to heaven than of getting there ourselves."

Sunday, October 19, 2008

The Curse, Gold Promise, and pleaure...

Pleasure and it's fleeting emotions entice us...
we fall into it more than a million times in our life.
So deep a hold and so many a people held...
yet, we are so blind of its effects-not tangible and...
we are so arrogant to always reject pain.
Some have found pleaasure better to experience near the end of their lives, but only  because in the end, pleasure fails us. 
But who knows the heart experiencing it's end?
Maybe their plan never worked anyways.

As for me, my steps are different. My success isn't your success.
My pleasure, is above yours. The Gold Promise ensures it.
I won't work for play...won't play to work...
but I will work for Rest...
and that is my curse.
This Rest is my goal accomplished, 
the Gold Promise's end.
My curse is my magnetism to Rest, 
along with the Gold Promise.
Even if I wanted to, I couldn't turn from it,
but even though I can't, I still humbly accept it...

For the Sake of Humanity.


2 comments:

Twisting by said...

everybody has different pleasures and everyone works for different things. Theres nothing wrong with working to rest. We all need to rest and we all will rest eventually. Im not really sure if understood this post that well... just a question though? what exactly, if anything specific, is the Golden Promise?

... I don't know, i was just saying that even IF i didnt agree, i would still enjoy reading your thoughts

Chloe said...

You should look at the situationists and a radio show called radio alice (there isa movie about this one but I can't remember the title! sorry!). Both these groups wanted to find a way to live without working. Both explored the absurdity of the idea that all anyone does is work for rest. All I want in life is to not live for the weekend so I try to find work that I love.

Good Blogs

Snow Friends

Snow Friends

didn't know it was that easy