Blog Search!

Lewis Carroll

"To me it seems that to give happiness is a far nobler goal that to attain it: and that what we exist for is much more a matter of relations to others than a matter of individual progress: much more a matter of helping others to heaven than of getting there ourselves."

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Gold Promise Elaborate

Some live to serve others.
Some live to serve themselves.
Some live to serve their God.
Some live to serve their family.
And some live, to serve a mixture.
Some live to change the world.
Some live for happiness, some liberty, some life.
Some pleasure, some order.
Some of everything would be nice, throw a cherry on top.
Some live to be on top.
Some live on the bottom.
A lot live in the middle, if not everyone, and yet everyone lives...
because of opportunity.

But my opportunity is different from your opportunity, my happiness,
my liberty, my life, my servantood is different than yours
even though, in essence the same.

I reach for something not usually reached for, a path rarely taken, 
but am I not still reaching with the same reaching that you reach with?
I think not.

Humanity needs a savior. 
That's why Jesus is Christ.
That's why Adolf Hitler became Fuhrer.
[I am not though in anyway praising Hitler, I'm just saying that he came to office because of Germany's hopelessness. I've come to clear this thought of yours even though it disrupts the whole thing...and I guess I'm disrupting it even more though now...so with a further continuation...]
That's why Martin Luther King was assassinated.
That's why John Locke appended thought.
That's why more must step up.
Not for glory, not for rank, not for themselves...
but...

For the Sake of Humanity.

But I ain't done...
Humanity needs a savior...
...because corrupt aristocracy still exists...
...because terrorism, and mass harm exists...
...because people starve while others overeat...
...because the sins of priests...
because of suicde, homicide, violence, abuse, war, corruption, loneliness,
competition when it is least needed, outcasts, faliure, slavery, tyranny, global warming,
because of all our mistakes...
and because of all our fallicies...
humanity needs a savior, 
the brain needs a thought,
humanity is the brain,
and the Thought is revolutionary...
It takes the Gold Promise...

For the Sake of Humanity

3 comments:

Jaerixon said...

Quite possibly the best thing you've written. It was powerful, descriptive, straight to the point. Most importantly, its content couldn't be more dead on. I also like how you presented to various motives of everyone's life, because I think that in a way, all of our goals are connected. That is why its so important that we work together to solve these issues, because when someone fails, we all fail. Very powerful article Benji. Now if only we can get this out to more people......

Jaerixon said...

Ah yes, this is the perpetual battle. Were fighting ignorance, and it is so strong an enemy. We have such good words, yet hardly anyone reads them or really takes action for them, its frustrating.

mariposa said...

I love your idea of the Gold Promise - it's really noble.

So running is easy for you? That's cool - I'm okay with running until I've gone two miles, then I start getting tired.

By the way, you were right about the black belt being like heaven. Thanks :)

Good Blogs

Snow Friends

Snow Friends

didn't know it was that easy