Blog Search!

Lewis Carroll

"To me it seems that to give happiness is a far nobler goal that to attain it: and that what we exist for is much more a matter of relations to others than a matter of individual progress: much more a matter of helping others to heaven than of getting there ourselves."

Friday, March 13, 2009

Education: Influence and Personality

~We are created by our circumstances.
 +We are coded by our genetics and shaped by our surroundings.
  -The way we think, the things we do and the choices we make are all results of our genetics and our surroundings...

In simpler terms (or maybe not):

You shouldn't blame people for who they are...it isn't their fault.
We'll you say that they have the choice to do what they do.
But really...who they are determines their choices, right?
If someone is an idiot and messes up their lives,
it's not their fault, but their influences are responsible.

Say you make a sand castle on the beach.
Then you get mad at it for it being too small,
or maybe that it's only too wet or dry.
Well is it the castles fault or is it your fault?

Humanity shouldn't do that to itself...its responsible for creating rejects and outcasts and even criminals. So either humanity shouldn't create these kind of people, deal with them in a better way or they should rely on someone else who can.

Anyways...on a more relative note... 
(sorry, it's hard for me to do that)
~Give a break to those around you. Don't judge so harshly. Be open to everyone, it'll make life easier for those around you. Don't let your weaknesses weaken relationships and opportunities.

We should live for each other,
For the Sake of Humanity

But of course...that doesn't give you an excuse to do whatever you want.
This is your influence. You can change. Modify your influences. Change your mindset.

9 comments:

pussybitch said...

Anarchism is much better than Capitalism. We are not even free, man. I don't know what you are talking about. Everyone says Capitalism (or, as some have disguised it, Democracy) is the closest thing to perfection we have, but that isn't true. We are not free

Sachan said...

This is complete.
"We Should Live For Each Other. For the sake of humanity."
I am going to quote this on my blog and place your name underneath.

~Silver said...

"If someone is an idiot and messes up their lives,
it's not their fault, but their influences are responsible."

Although I agree we shouldn't judge people, I don't agree we should blame our influences, when we make decisions, in the end it is our choice. We can't blame what we choose on other people or things.

Mac said...

Although I can see what you are saying is realistic, there is also the fact that there is an exception. You have a rich millionaires kid, that is perfect in every way. They do their homework, are excellent in every way, etc. However, another millionaires kid may be a psychotic murder or evil person. You may be influenced by the environment and the genetics as you have said. However, a person must look at what the environment and their genetics have done, and if they work hard enough at what they want to be then they can choose what they want to be. For example, I was raised to be agnostic/theist. However, I chose the Buddhism based on the personal beliefs that I felt were true to myself. Even though nobody I knew in my entire life was Buddhist. Similarly, I am debating whether it is good or not in me to have faith in a supreme being of god, even those all around me, except maybe a few people believe there is a god. Does that make any sense? O, also in response to your last post, I understand that it is not all about me. I only understand that I can control my actions, which is why I try the least to influence the actions of those around me. We can all be great, if we work and try and strive and want it more than anything. I think I got everything. Key word I think. :)

~Silver said...

I guess that phrase just didn't quite sit with me, though I understand what you mean, it's just the way I was raised. To take responsibility for my own actions.

Our influences are constantly changing, after we leave the nest, we decide on what we will let influence us or not, we decide who we hang out with and which path we take. Brainwashing is one thing, but being raised is not quite the same. When we are told something we have a choice to believe it or not. The majority of people don't still believe there is a monster under their bed, as adults, even though their friends who were major influences in their lives at the time told them so.
There has been influence counteracting the government, it's why many people are so distrustful of it, however that influence is not strong enough to make a extreme impact. As children we may take everything at face value, but as teens and adults we are constantly reevaluating our beliefs and views, choosing what to believe and what to discard.
In a dire situation, like what a soldier might come across in the midst of war, we refer to training and instincts, not always our beliefs, but in everyday life, we do generally have the time to stop and think about what we are doing and the consequences our actions will have. Sadly it seems as though few people ever realize that or do so. Honestly I think an aftershock post would be a good idea, I'd like to hear more about this theory of yours.
Oh and thanks again. :)

Sachan said...

I think Endo-san said,"Shardhana-san, life is not a marathon. Don't run.", because, I have been running all my life. I run to fast that I don't remember to hold on to the little things from the past to be kept as a memory. And because of that, when I try to remember the past again, I don't remember. I get really sad. I move on to quickly. Those words Endo-san said were directed to me I supposed.

Neon Duck said...

That was goood. Thought provoking...

Twisting by said...

agree to an extent..... everything influences us and makes us who we are...everything! lol.... we can't blame our environement and society or our childhood or other people or genetics or whatever.... it all has something to do with how someone acts, plus, who they are without any influence affects our choices too... but regardless, yes! don't judge, be open and accept all types of people, "don't let your weakness ruin relationships..."
(i like alot of blogs but yours is one i can actually enjoy reading regularly :) thanks for the comment by the way

Twisting by said...

sorry...just commenting on silvers comment now.... true, we choose, but sometimes were put in situations were there are only wrong choices if we want to survive... and we are always changing our views and discarding certain things and keeping others, but on the most part, what makes us change our views is the change of influence around us

Good Blogs

Snow Friends

Snow Friends

didn't know it was that easy