Blog Search!

Lewis Carroll

"To me it seems that to give happiness is a far nobler goal that to attain it: and that what we exist for is much more a matter of relations to others than a matter of individual progress: much more a matter of helping others to heaven than of getting there ourselves."

Saturday, July 11, 2009

Some Life

From July 6th to July 10th I was at something my church calls Kids Kamp.
Last year I didn't know what to expect, but it was a great escape from a troubled mind.
This year though it was no escape, what it was, was a wonderful experience.
The picture above is simply a small sample of what really went on.
The week was very touching
I was a co-counselor.
Counselor Benji Pacheco:
My children were 3rd and 4th graders.
They were wonderful.
Really got me with all their innocence.
It was great keeping them alive.
I love that kind of responsibility.
Here they go:

And on top of having a great time with the kids,

and old love appeared, nearly unexpectantly.
That experience was both good and bad,
but in the end, things always work out.
So today I say "for the sake of the kids",
and "for the sake of my love and the love of others":
We can't give up.
Things can change.
People do grow up,
and others can.
Life is about the maintenance of life.
There's gotta be a balance.
And you gotta know what your doing.
Good luck, cause we all need some of it sometimes.
I wish I could say more, by I truly can't.
This experience, can it be put in words?
!!!
~{R}~

2 comments:

Sachan said...

Gosh....sounds fun..
Reminded me of some camp I went for last year. I went as a Runner...nope not like a marathon runner or something, but a Runner is someone who runs about and does errands. Yeap, like Andrea running about for Miranda in Devil Wears Prada. But I wasn't alone. There was like a whole team of Runners. The campers were younger than us runners, but it wasn't really obvious especially for the girls from UK. They were TALL. I was 15-ish and they were just 12 and 13-ish...bloody ackward.
BY the way, a school record is like a record book where you record down students that a present or absent in a particular day...

A Cuban In London said...

No, you can't put that into words, mate. It grows on you, doesn't it? I am exposed to primary kids all day long and they never cease to amaze me with their wisdom and innocence. Those are the better years.

Greetings from London.

Good Blogs

Snow Friends

Snow Friends

didn't know it was that easy