Blog Search!

Lewis Carroll

"To me it seems that to give happiness is a far nobler goal that to attain it: and that what we exist for is much more a matter of relations to others than a matter of individual progress: much more a matter of helping others to heaven than of getting there ourselves."

Sunday, February 14, 2010

the truth: religion

I've hinted on here numerous times, things that were somewhat against what the Bible says, but I've never came out and have boldly said it. Well, for all those that haven't already heard, here's another chance for you to hear it.

Last Friday I told my mother and the same day she told my father.

I didn't go to church Sunday and didn't go to choir Thursday. Not too long ago I sent an email to the church choir director telling her of my resignation and I won't be at youth tonight.

Now I don't have much against religion, but I'm tired of keeping up this facade, this lie. It's been 1 and a half years now, since August 2008 that I stopped believing. I just never had the guts to reveal the truth.

There are reasons why I'm telling the truth now, and there are reasons why I stopped believing more than a year ago. I'll get into these, later.

1-10-10

7 comments:

Sakhi. said...

intelligent post...but m bad @ writting effective comments..!!

Anonymous said...

God's totally lame, d00d.
Also, this is secretarmy.secretpolice.

Alkyoni said...

hmmm, well i believe that it's good that you told them how you felt. i don't really believe either though i agree with the values partially. But I'm no church person... i was in the choir when i was little too... :)

MoonDropInn said...

I really enjoy your atmosphere
Your thoughts are great
And your soul aura is evident
Thanks for your blog =)

amanda jay said...

wow, i really respect this. i think its good that you're being honest and standing up for what you believe in. But if not the bible, what DO you believe in?

love stRuckk said...

wow thats a big step standing up for what YOU believe in and not what once was I respect this very much so :), I went through the same delemma I have a bible by my bed I used to read it but now honestly I dont know where it is its just something I feel as though I dont really need anymore

~Silver said...

Bravo and now good luck. My views have also strayed from what I was raised by, but I figured I only have a couple more years to play along, no need to cause any unnecessary ripples within my family, or headaches for myself. I know my family well-enough to know that the more obvious the pull, the harder they'll push. Well good luck, and hope your family understands your decision.

Good Blogs

Snow Friends

Snow Friends

didn't know it was that easy