Blog Search!

Lewis Carroll

"To me it seems that to give happiness is a far nobler goal that to attain it: and that what we exist for is much more a matter of relations to others than a matter of individual progress: much more a matter of helping others to heaven than of getting there ourselves."

Saturday, October 31, 2009

Love II

A Casual Conversation
------------------


"I felt as you do about love. I realize the power of love is the strongest emotion. Stronger than that of hate, and nothingness. However, lose is a desire Rafe. A yearning to be feel accepted between people and accept one another for who the other is. The loss of this person causes you pain. It can cause horrid and cruel pain my dear friend. Love breeds revenge in some. That revenge will breed hate. Hate will breed suffering. Love will have its place in the helping of certain aspects yet please don't deny it can cause pain."


------------------


"Love? You don't agree with me regarding love! Love is not acceptance, or revenge. It doesn't cause revenge. Fear and pride may come in situations where love is also, but they don't work together and they aren't the same thing and they don't cause each other. Love is more than emotion, its a way of life, its a mindset, a valuing of human life that is above all the other human systems of communication and thought. And love should be for everyone, it shouldn't just be focused on one person, because, like in your case, that love may be covered in human mistakes. It is true that bad cannot simply cease to exist but this world is crap! It can become much, much better and the way that it will do so is through love."
------------------

2 comments:

Sachan said...

You said,"Would you be able to notice bad while hate was brooding inside of you?"
Well I have never experienced not noticing bad when hatred was brooding inside of me. I can't really hate people that long, well long enough for me to do something bad to them. But I do somehow try to voice out the source of the hatred...
Haha...and Benji its okay, I do not want to switch cultures. Your culture is slowly seeping into mine, I can tell...

I enjoy your 'casual conversations' about love. You have done a bunch of post about love and I have commented the same. So right now I really have not much to comment except that, there was once a pastor said that love is paying attention. I have yet to decipher that...hehe

~Silver said...

"love is paying attention..."
I get it. If you love, you will take the time to notice and care about things.

To me love has always been this indescribable thing (feeling, emotion, presence, or something?)it doesn't make sense and it doesn't have any definable boundaries. It's something that I was certain of it's existence but always flirted with it's elusive definition...
I'm sorry I can't finish this comment...I am watching the most thought provoking movie called "Horrible Men". It's interesting...very interesting...

Good Blogs

Snow Friends

Snow Friends

didn't know it was that easy