Blog Search!

Lewis Carroll

"To me it seems that to give happiness is a far nobler goal that to attain it: and that what we exist for is much more a matter of relations to others than a matter of individual progress: much more a matter of helping others to heaven than of getting there ourselves."

Monday, October 05, 2009

the Bad Side of Life

Usually I tend to stay on the good side of life.
Usually optimistic, nice and healthy,
and even when life should be somewhat bad,
I'm still pretty good.but...
these past few days have shown me how human I am.

It's been a little more than two days since I've been sick.
It wasn't that bad at first and it seems that I'm not too far from recovery now,
but today has been the worst.
I don't want to eat...but I love eating!
I woke up today with a bad taste in my mouth.
I tried brushing my teeth and it didn't work.
Its like I can only taste bitterness.
Hopefully this symptom presides soon, its been the worst one.

In the end, today I was on the bad side of life.
Maybe its my optimism that keeps my idealism.
I seemed to lose it today though, just as my health.

5 comments:

mariposa said...

Hope you feel better soon! I actually feel like I'm coming down with a cold myself - it's not fun :(

By the way, I'm back from my blog break :)

Sachan said...

Ahh, one of those days I see. Sick days. I have no idea why but I tend to get sick easily. Hence getting sick would not be really affecting my optimism. But I sure do know how to keep myself comfortable when I get sick. I would watch TV the whole days with a blanket on my lap, regardless on whether it's cold or not. Oh and I only take liquid food. Maybe you should try it and at the same time, keep your optimism at the right level, Oh Philisopher King.

Get well soon, the world needs your revolutionary ideas.

~Silver said...

Hope you feel better soon. Everyone's been getting sick lately, I really hate flu season. Even I've got the sniffles, but I don't really count that as being sick. I don't really eat when I get sick, but that's because I only stay sick for a day or two. Well get well soon. :)

A Cuban In London said...

Wish you better, mate. On the plus side, you're human, and now you know it :-).

Greetings from London.

Neon Duck said...

I'm sorry. And it's against human nature to be optimistic all the time. It will surly come back.

Good Blogs

Snow Friends

Snow Friends

didn't know it was that easy