Blog Search!

Lewis Carroll

"To me it seems that to give happiness is a far nobler goal that to attain it: and that what we exist for is much more a matter of relations to others than a matter of individual progress: much more a matter of helping others to heaven than of getting there ourselves."

Sunday, September 06, 2009

Alive

So I'm alive.
But I drown myself in an ocean of ideals.


I know reality well.
But my dreams I know even better.


I'm stuck in the way things are.
But maybe my freedom is the first step to the world's.

4 comments:

A Cuban In London said...

The key is how to swim away from those ideals and see them, dry and saf efrom the shore. Too much of one thing can kill you, man.

Greetings from London.

Jaerixon said...

We should talk, I think I can give you some advice.

Flüssiger Spiegel said...

Drown yourself in ideals, ay?

Typically, when people think of ‘ideals’, they think of something positive.

This is true for you as well, is it not?

Of course it is.

Now then, when do ideologies become useless and tiresome like the deep ocean waves?

When the dreamer does not understand the meaning behind each ideal.

If you want to make a difference in this word, completely understand your thoughts, until you can say ‘I’m not sinking’. If you can say that with confidence, people will (more likely) listen to you (plus you’ll feel and function better as an idividual).

Hope that sounds reasonable and not insulting.

later

~Silver said...

My ideals have always been...fuzzy, at best. But reality, and my dreams, those I am very familiar with. I don't know if my freedom will guarantee the world's, but I am more than willing to find out.

Good Blogs

Snow Friends

Snow Friends

didn't know it was that easy